http://hornplans.free.fr
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
http://hornplans.free.fr

Le site des plans d'enceintes Horn à pavillon.

Derniers sujets
» Les Bons Plans du Net
Parameters Hornresp EmptyHier à 20:59 par sebdg1

» Présentation
Parameters Hornresp EmptyHier à 14:43 par PTK6Tem

» Presentation
Parameters Hornresp EmptyHier à 11:24 par Nörm

» Mon setup complet barre led
Parameters Hornresp EmptyHier à 3:49 par yNico

» presentation
Parameters Hornresp EmptyMer 17 Avr 2024 - 14:40 par ledrack

» Présentation
Parameters Hornresp EmptyLun 15 Avr 2024 - 16:54 par Juprdx

» Le DMX 512 en 10 questions
Parameters Hornresp EmptyLun 15 Avr 2024 - 16:27 par sebdg1

» (hifi) ampli Kenwood L-08M mono
Parameters Hornresp EmptyJeu 11 Avr 2024 - 10:49 par vouds

» Cherche MTL-46 et/ou Kick Compound Mervan dans le sud
Parameters Hornresp EmptyMer 10 Avr 2024 - 19:51 par Y0GA

Le deal à ne pas rater :
Cdiscount : -30€ dès 300€ d’achat sur une sélection Apple
Voir le deal

Vous n'êtes pas connecté. Connectez-vous ou enregistrez-vous

Parameters Hornresp

4 participants

Aller en bas  Message [Page 1 sur 1]

1Parameters Hornresp Empty Parameters Hornresp Mar 30 Oct 2012 - 18:27

Fireboy

Hi, is possible to have the parameters to be included in hornresp of MTH-46VS and MTH-4658, in order to simulate with other woofer. Thanks very much

Ps. Sorry for my bad english Embarassed

2Parameters Hornresp Empty Re: Parameters Hornresp Lun 10 Déc 2012 - 4:02

Masssive

hey,

i have 2 mth4654's loaded with b&c 18nw100. they are awesome, huge sound.

Marc also simmed 18sound lw2400 for me and said they should work well too.

what drivers are you wanting to put in them

3Parameters Hornresp Empty Re: Parameters Hornresp Sam 19 Jan 2013 - 0:49

Dj Maestro

Dj Maestro

Masssive a écrit:hey,

i have 2 mth4654's loaded with b&c 18nw100. they are awesome, huge sound.

Marc also simmed 18sound lw2400 for me and said they should work well too.

what drivers are you wanting to put in them

hi,
what can you tell me about the throw of this cab....are you using them in or outdoor?

4Parameters Hornresp Empty Re: Parameters Hornresp Sam 19 Jan 2013 - 1:47

Marc34

Marc34

"throw" is a misunderstood concept. The only way to make better throw is to generate a line source array which is very difficult in bass range, you will need a long line, see this article:

[Vous devez être inscrit et connecté pour voir ce lien]

But our ears are very sensible to some things, and ears are more sensitive at 100Hz than 50Hz, so if you cut too low, or if you boost low frequencies (at the expense of upper bass), your ear can identify that as a short throw, but it isn't, as proved by the void paper. There's the reason why band pass enclosure are generaly qualified to short throw: first reason, they have limited frequency response, and lower max level, this why ears identify it as short throw

Another point: For max SPL, impact, and "throw" feeling, you must have your tops and bass cabinet in perfect phase (delay). You must make measurements with software like Smaart. The difference between a bad and good setting can be night and day.

5Parameters Hornresp Empty Re: Parameters Hornresp Lun 21 Jan 2013 - 4:04

Dj Maestro

Dj Maestro

With other words if i want 'throw and feel the bass" i must look a bassenclosure that hits hard in the 100hz area.
What are the freq range, we human can feel and heared like far throw?

Will something like the mhb- 46 then do a better job..something that can deliver sub bass and kick?or a folded horn..

6Parameters Hornresp Empty Re: Parameters Hornresp Lun 21 Jan 2013 - 7:31

Masssive

Hey Dj Maestro,

In my experience if you want long throw for outdoor use you cant beat a nice line of folded horns, at least 4 i would say.

I currently have only 2 MTH4654 so cant say how they work in a line. But the two i have sound very very full and will cover a couple of hundred people outdoor. They sound great indoor as well, they seem to just fill the room up with bass with ease. Folded horns and front loaded boxes seem to sound consticed and hollow next to them. They also get below 40hz with 1 box.

7Parameters Hornresp Empty Re: Parameters Hornresp Lun 21 Jan 2013 - 16:32

Marc34

Marc34

With other words if i want 'throw and feel the bass" i must look a bassenclosure that hits hard in the 100hz area.
What are the freq range, we human can feel and heared like far throw?

Will something like the mhb- 46 then do a better job..something that can deliver sub bass and kick?or a folded horn..
All scoops have a dip in frequency response near the kick frequency range. So they can make bass, but for kick, you need to add a "Kick Bin". Without Kick bin, you can have this sensation of "bad throw" because the dip in frequency response of the kick. Most scoop must be cut between 70/90Hz, then the kick bin takes over.

If you want a all in one cabinet, bass + kick, the hybrid like MHB-46 and MHB-4818 are. They are very physical, "in your chest" and have the "long throw feeling". MHB-4818 has been measured at 106.8dB at 1w/1m in the 50/120Hz range (110dB 1w/1m at 200Hz!)

All others cabinets with long horn (2 meters and more) need a kick bin. MTH-4654 needs a kick bin.

In my experience if you want long throw for outdoor use you cant beat a nice line of folded horns, at least 4 i would say.
Throw is more related to psycho-acoustics than a real level difference between designs (as shown in the Void paper). All cabinets in a PA system must be considered as a single entity: if one cabinet is not in perfect phase with others cabinets, if the frequency response has dips, it can radically change sound perception.

8Parameters Hornresp Empty Re: Parameters Hornresp Lun 21 Jan 2013 - 23:31

Dj Maestro

Dj Maestro

many thanx marc and massive for your advise...In my country most dj's use scoops, but mostly with not the recommended drivers, they just buy drivers(mostly china made drivers) and put them in scoops, they dont know better...
I always have use reflex bins (g sub with p audio drivers 600w)but now i own 4 18LW2400.. I just wanna the best output from those speakers...I am looking the mhb 46 for a while but im not sure if i can go with it..I have already 4 ms46 indoor they hits hard, but outdoor i can not feel the bass after 3-5m.

9Parameters Hornresp Empty Re: Parameters Hornresp Lun 21 Jan 2013 - 23:48

Marc34

Marc34

You can use the 18LW2400 in the MHB-46, it will be perfect. Just make the vent little longer to 21cm.

10Parameters Hornresp Empty Re: Parameters Hornresp Mar 22 Jan 2013 - 0:17

Dj Maestro

Dj Maestro

Masssive a écrit:Hey Dj Maestro,

I currently have only 2 MTH4654 so cant say how they work in a line. But the two i have sound very very full and will cover a couple of hundred people outdoor. They sound great indoor as well, they seem to just fill the room up with bass with ease. Folded horns and front loaded boxes seem to sound consticed and hollow next to them. They also get below 40hz with 1 box.

Allright, will folded horn give me also bass and kick or only bass for outdoor use

11Parameters Hornresp Empty Re: Parameters Hornresp Mar 22 Jan 2013 - 17:45

Dj Maestro

Dj Maestro

Marc34 a écrit:You can use the 18LW2400 in the MHB-46, it will be perfect. Just make the vent little longer to 21cm.

allright the vent would be now 21cm * 8,6cm then?

what difference this will have with the shorter 13,2cm..just wanna know

i already cut the sides, back and top for one pair mbh46

12Parameters Hornresp Empty Re: Parameters Hornresp Mar 22 Jan 2013 - 18:28

Marc34

Marc34

It depends of the speakers used inside. Reflex vents sometimes need adjustements, for example : GSub [Vous devez être inscrit et connecté pour voir ce lien]

So the new vent will be 46.6cm x 8.6cm and 21cm depth.

13Parameters Hornresp Empty Re: Parameters Hornresp Mer 23 Jan 2013 - 7:53

Dj Maestro

Dj Maestro

Marc34 a écrit:It depends of the speakers used inside. Reflex vents sometimes need adjustements, for example : GSub [Vous devez être inscrit et connecté pour voir ce lien]

So the new vent will be 46.6cm x 8.6cm and 21cm depth.

but the f3 is still 49 per cab with a 105dB sensitivity or not?

what are the crossover points now then, I mean with deeper vents

14Parameters Hornresp Empty Re: Parameters Hornresp Jeu 24 Jan 2013 - 2:57

Masssive

put 4 of them (MHB 46) in a pile. the f3 drops to 42hz, much better.

I think its going to be very hard to find one sub that will give you high sensitivity, good kick and get you down near 40 Hz all at the same time.

I came very close to building MHB-46's but didnt have enough money to build enough of them, to get as low as i wanted to go. If you have 4, or more, drivers i think the MHB 46 would be sweet.

15Parameters Hornresp Empty Re: Parameters Hornresp Ven 25 Jan 2013 - 7:15

Dj Maestro

Dj Maestro

thanks for your inputs massive, i'm building my first one already, almost done..I hope i can test saturday...I want to use them indoor and outdoor...how many do u have? how they sound.

Someone told me to go with the invaders, they are deep sounding and loud with four outdoors they perform pretty well.. doyou heard them ever?

16Parameters Hornresp Empty Re: Parameters Hornresp Mar 29 Jan 2013 - 2:20

Masssive

look forward to hearing how your first box sounds. I have only mth no mhb but they do look very good on paper.

I have never heard invaders but they also look very good. I would like to hear some. DIY soundsystems are not very popular in Sydney.
As far as I know i am the only person in Sydney with DIY bass horns. I would love to stand corrected on this. Anyone?

Contenu sponsorisé

Revenir en haut  Message [Page 1 sur 1]