http://hornplans.free.fr
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
http://hornplans.free.fr

Le site des plans d'enceintes Horn à pavillon.

Derniers sujets
» présentation PDNB
MHB 46 cabs - Page 2 EmptyAujourd'hui à 19:12 par pdnb

» Présentation yannos
MHB 46 cabs - Page 2 EmptyAujourd'hui à 12:22 par yannos

» Cherche Hp 15" kick si2000 Nexo ou équivalent
MHB 46 cabs - Page 2 EmptyAujourd'hui à 11:23 par yannos

» AV distributeur de courant
MHB 46 cabs - Page 2 EmptyMar 26 Mar 2024, 17:30 par brikabrak

» Es ce que ça tiens la route ce matos ?
MHB 46 cabs - Page 2 EmptyLun 25 Mar 2024, 09:50 par Soporifik

» Cherche quelques hp grillés en 8, 10, 12"
MHB 46 cabs - Page 2 EmptyDim 24 Mar 2024, 21:03 par turboseb77

» Vends HP coaxial néodyme 10" + compression 1.75" RCF CX10N251
MHB 46 cabs - Page 2 EmptySam 23 Mar 2024, 00:32 par borfijah

» Présentation Clancy
MHB 46 cabs - Page 2 EmptyJeu 21 Mar 2024, 23:01 par g0dL0se

» Ménage de printemps - Lights et amplis
MHB 46 cabs - Page 2 EmptyMer 20 Mar 2024, 17:19 par toto4211

Le Deal du moment : -24%
PC Portable Gaming 15.6″ Medion Erazer Deputy ...
Voir le deal
759.99 €

Vous n'êtes pas connecté. Connectez-vous ou enregistrez-vous

MHB 46 cabs

+2
Marc34
Dj Maestro
6 participants

Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2

Aller en bas  Message [Page 2 sur 2]

26MHB 46 cabs - Page 2 Empty Re: MHB 46 cabs Ven 18 Oct 2013, 19:47

Marc34

Marc34

The port length is not the problem, it reproduce only low frequencies. It's just a problem of correct response curve. It can be often difficult to have good balance between deep/round bass and strong kick: if you make a strong kick, it can be at the expense of the bass and vice versa. There are some effects of mask.

This type of horn can sound good up to 500Hz, but you must eq it correctly. So use measurement mic, analyser, reduce all peaks in the response curve, try to locate the frequency you hear as honk and reduce it.

27MHB 46 cabs - Page 2 Empty Re: MHB 46 cabs Mer 06 Nov 2013, 00:47

Freackk

Freackk

Hi, i have one question about the mhb 46 cabs. Various friends and speaker forums said that there could be some kind of phasing problem with the reflex port because it's planned for one stand-alone speaker and not for multiple stacking. In fact many told me the HP could get damaged Shocked and that it would be better to build the cabs without reflex port... now i am very sceptic about these theories so i wanted to ask your opinions...

28MHB 46 cabs - Page 2 Empty Re: MHB 46 cabs Mer 06 Nov 2013, 11:59

Chris Kazvon

Chris Kazvon

Phasing problems ? how ?

If the distance between the center of the emitting sources is below 1/2 wavelength of the subwoofer high cut, there is no coupling problem

(this means, for a high cut at 100Hz, that if the distance from one emitting surface to another is less than 1/2 * 340/100 = 3.4m, there is no problem).

Therefore, no phasing problem for the MHB. If there were some problems, i think we would have seen them in the response curve (problems between the port and the horn).

Moreover, "deleting" the port will only bring problems: the response curve will change dramatically, as well as the power handling

[Vous devez être inscrit et connecté pour voir ce lien]        ----        [Vous devez être inscrit et connecté pour voir ce lien]

29MHB 46 cabs - Page 2 Empty Re: MHB 46 cabs Mer 06 Nov 2013, 12:11

Ggo18

Ggo18

I think he talk about this :
[Vous devez être inscrit et connecté pour voir ce lien]

30MHB 46 cabs - Page 2 Empty Re: MHB 46 cabs Mer 06 Nov 2013, 12:23

Chris Kazvon

Chris Kazvon

I think Marc will have the best explanation Wink

but isn't 1.5m too close to the cab ? I thought the distance cab//mic should be at least 3 * the largest dimension of the cab, which, for the MHB46, is 3 * 93 = 2.80m for one cab, a bit far from the 1.5m used in this test.

[Vous devez être inscrit et connecté pour voir ce lien]        ----        [Vous devez être inscrit et connecté pour voir ce lien]

31MHB 46 cabs - Page 2 Empty Re: MHB 46 cabs Mer 06 Nov 2013, 17:48

Marc34

Marc34

Hybrid exist for a long time, remember 4818 JBL, look at WLX Martin, WMX, ASX, etc, they are all hybrids, same principe. If you don't make the reflex port you will loose a lot of bass, and power must be reduced. The idea to not make the port is ridiculous and stupid.

Even if the gap is here (and it can be a bad measurement), you will not hear it because it is on a small bandwidth, and when you put 4 or more cabs, all gaps will gone: this is true for all cabinets. But if you don't make port, it will be clearly audible that you loose something.

32MHB 46 cabs - Page 2 Empty Re: MHB 46 cabs Mer 06 Nov 2013, 21:00

Freackk

Freackk

Thanks for the answers, guys! Since i think Mr. Marc knows more about theses cabs than any uknown "speakerexpert" on different forums, i will go along with what he says and build those ports.
I also thought that not making the ports would dramatically infect the sound, but when i read about damging HP i was very worried affraid 

33MHB 46 cabs - Page 2 Empty Re: MHB 46 cabs Mer 06 Nov 2013, 23:20

Skope

Skope

Chris Kazvon a écrit:Phasing problems ? how ?

If the distance between the center of the emitting sources is below 1/2 wavelength of the subwoofer high cut, there is no coupling problem

(this means, for a high cut at 100Hz, that if the distance from one emitting surface to another is less than 1/2 * 340/100 = 3.4m, there is no problem).
Be careful because if you cut your MHB at 120 Hz , the distance fall to 2,8m Wink

I wondered btw (even if there is no coupling problems), if the setting was different between a stack and a distance of 2.5 m for example?

34MHB 46 cabs - Page 2 Empty Re: MHB 46 cabs Mer 06 Nov 2013, 23:34

Chris Kazvon

Chris Kazvon

Electrovoice made a small guide about the subwoofer configurations, very instructive SmileSmile

downloadable here

35MHB 46 cabs - Page 2 Empty Re: MHB 46 cabs Mer 06 Nov 2013, 23:58

Skope

Skope

Chris Kazvon a écrit:Electrovoice made a small guide about the subwoofer configurations, very instructive  SmileSmile

downloadable here
Shocked 

Very good Wink Wink 

36MHB 46 cabs - Page 2 Empty Re: MHB 46 cabs Jeu 07 Nov 2013, 00:48

Freackk

Freackk

Chris Kazvon a écrit:Electrovoice made a small guide about the subwoofer configurations, very instructive  SmileSmile

downloadable here
nice one Smile 

another question: if i plan on using the "void v18-1000" instead of the rcf, do i have to change the size of the reflex-port?

37MHB 46 cabs - Page 2 Empty Re: MHB 46 cabs Jeu 07 Nov 2013, 11:14

Marc34

Marc34

No it can be used like that.

38MHB 46 cabs - Page 2 Empty Re: MHB 46 cabs Ven 08 Nov 2013, 23:25

Freackk

Freackk

Ok, good to know. Thanks!

39MHB 46 cabs - Page 2 Empty Re: MHB 46 cabs Sam 30 Nov 2013, 03:24

Dj Maestro

Dj Maestro

Mr. Marc I have loaded the MHB 46 with 24LW2400 2 cabs. when pushing them a little loud I can hear like over excursion. The reflex port is 23cm long. crossed at 40 hz. Whats wrong?

40MHB 46 cabs - Page 2 Empty Re: MHB 46 cabs Sam 30 Nov 2013, 19:41

Marc34

Marc34

24LW2400 ???

41MHB 46 cabs - Page 2 Empty Re: MHB 46 cabs Mar 03 Déc 2013, 04:22

Dj Maestro

Dj Maestro

oh sorry I mean 18LW2400. tested again today and have the same thing, when pushing a little loud, it has nice bass but with sometimes with a "duff duff" like sound. and when pushing loud then you can hear that rare sound constantly its like distorted bass or the speaker can't handle.. it is not like a rattling sound, everything is well fixed( glued and screws) Crossed at 40 hz and pushing with a amp at 1900w at 4ohm.

42MHB 46 cabs - Page 2 Empty Re: MHB 46 cabs Mar 03 Déc 2013, 17:33

Marc34

Marc34

What is the amp? Do you use a limiter? what setting and gain of the amp?

Is there a noise problem or a distorsion? Is it an air leakage? Is cab MDF or plywood?

You can make a test with a slow sweep 30/200Hz (possible in Room Eq Wizard) and then identify if the problem append at a certain frequency, if the problem is the cab build or the speaker. Let filters on, start at low volume then then increase power.

43MHB 46 cabs - Page 2 Empty Re: MHB 46 cabs Mar 03 Déc 2013, 17:47

Dj Maestro

Dj Maestro

the amp is a M10 CBU. I was playing those 18LW2400 in a 4 cubos never heard something like that. the amp was pushing them very well. it's not noise it's a sound like the speakers is on its max. when playing normal volume it is playing without that sound but when I pushed them loud the sound starts between the basslines. I was playing with a eq and a dbx crosover, no limiters etc. and the filter is on 40hz. I checked the MHb 46 for air leakkage and loose parts. everything is well fixed. I'm using plywood 18mm.

44MHB 46 cabs - Page 2 Empty Re: MHB 46 cabs Mar 03 Déc 2013, 19:07

Marc34

Marc34

Don't know the M10 CBU amp, can't find anything on it. Difficult to say what is wrong without testing it. What I can say, MHB-46 is one of the most builded cabinet in France (hundreds builded), nobody reported your problem. Test it with a sine sweep and try to determinate problem, cab, speaker, amp or other.

I've simulate the 18LW1400, it can be used with an 1000 watt amplifier, and there 's no reason for problem if you use it properly, so no amp power higher than 1000 watts, no amp clip, butterworth 24dB/oct high pass.

45MHB 46 cabs - Page 2 Empty Re: MHB 46 cabs Jeu 05 Déc 2013, 16:57

Dj Maestro

Dj Maestro

that should be 1000@ 8ohms for one driver, but for double driver 2000@ 4ohm should be also fine or am I wrong? The amp is pushing 1700W @ 4ohm.
In the weekend I will test again with freq slow sweeps.

46MHB 46 cabs - Page 2 Empty Re: MHB 46 cabs Sam 24 Mai 2014, 06:23

Dj Maestro

Dj Maestro

build 2 of these cabs and loaded with 18lw2400, when playing at a nomal level they are playing very well, but when i push them loud, I get some fart sound from the box... Dont now why it is doing so, when trying to use like a kick cab, they kick very hard with only 2, but when i put dome low end and push it loud, they sound good

47MHB 46 cabs - Page 2 Empty Re: MHB 46 cabs Sam 24 Mai 2014, 19:44

Marc34

Marc34

Have you used an high pass filter? what frequency and slope?

Do you use a limiter? What LMS and settings on the limiter? What amp on what gain?

Contenu sponsorisé

Revenir en haut  Message [Page 2 sur 2]

Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2