http://hornplans.free.fr

Le site des plans d'enceintes Horn à pavillon.

Derniers sujets
» Préserver son dos ?
Aujourd'hui à 14:09 par matrixlff

» Annonce vends 2 MPH46 en G401 + Proline + ds2/4 etc
Aujourd'hui à 13:57 par sebmak1

» Présentation Nephtes
Aujourd'hui à 13:40 par Shayn

» Identification et réglages
Aujourd'hui à 13:17 par Neoh

» Plus de caisson ! Encore plus !
Aujourd'hui à 11:37 par Claudius

» Conseil Amplification
Aujourd'hui à 11:05 par Hardtur HDPK

» Les Bons Plans du Net
Aujourd'hui à 10:46 par Bebert7068

» Amélioration de rendement
Aujourd'hui à 10:13 par Cambrousse

» Fabrication d'atténuateurs BF symétrique
Aujourd'hui à 9:53 par goxes

Vous n'êtes pas connecté. Connectez-vous ou enregistrez-vous

MTL 46 and live sound

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas  Message [Page 1 sur 1]

1 MTL 46 and live sound le Mer 26 Juil 2017 - 9:55

Foca_Dacian

Hi, will Faital Pro 18HP1010-4 ohm version work in the MTL 46?
here are the T/S:
[Vous devez être inscrit et connecté pour voir ce lien]
Is it clean and flat enough sounding for live sound applications? ( all time music cover bands).
Is it as omnidirectional as a reflex subwoofer?(will I get as much bass on stage as with reflex subs?)
I would like to put metalic grill and acoustic transparent sponge over the whole front of the cabinet. Is it ok if I make the cabinet 20-30 mm deeper(keeping the internal dimmesions the same, only making the top, bottom and side panels deeper)?

2 Re: MTL 46 and live sound le Lun 18 Sep 2017 - 11:15

Chris Kazvon

Hi there !

Still no time to see what the response looks like with this speaker Embarassed

For the other points:

Is it clean and flat enough sounding for live sound applications? ( all time music cover bands).
to me, yes Smile

Is it as omnidirectional as a reflex subwoofer?(will I get as much bass on stage as with reflex subs?)
yes, as any single-speaker subwoofer, it is omnidirectional (or nearly omnidirectional), you still get a lot of bass behind

I would like to put metalic grill and acoustic transparent sponge over the whole front of the cabinet. Is it ok if I make the cabinet 20-30 mm deeper(keeping the internal dimmesions the same, only making the top, bottom and side panels deeper)?

no problem, just be careful as the grill still may vibrate

[Vous devez être inscrit et connecté pour voir ce lien]        ----        [Vous devez être inscrit et connecté pour voir ce lien]

3 Re: MTL 46 and live sound le Lun 18 Sep 2017 - 14:17

dorian64

Hello !

I can give my point of view on one point at least:

For me it is as well, same answer as Chris, it sounds good in both disco and live application. I use a pair, I used it some times for live applications, and it worked perfectly Smile

4 Re: MTL 46 and live sound le Lun 23 Oct 2017 - 15:43

Foca_Dacian

I see there is a peak in the frequency responce@160 Hz, what parametric EQ settings (Q,Frequency and gain attenuation)have you guys used to get rid of that?

5 Re: MTL 46 and live sound le Lun 23 Oct 2017 - 18:01

mr one

It depends on how much subwoofers you use, frequency response will change with adding boxes, so correction will also change....
How much Mtl you have or want to build?

The best way is to measure the response of your subwoofers config.

6 Re: MTL 46 and live sound le Jeu 2 Nov 2017 - 21:37

Foca_Dacian

I have two pieces at the moment, want to build 4.I will measure the response and see what it looks like.

7 Re: MTL 46 and live sound le Ven 3 Nov 2017 - 21:14

Chris Kazvon

Hello again,

The peak is specific to this type of load, for example you'll have the same on the ESW 1018.

As the usual process includes flattening the responses of both the subwoofers and speakers before applying the filters, in this process yes we usually get rid of it Smile

But ! The more units you got, the less the peak peaks Laughing so the correction will be less important with 4 cabinets than with one

[Vous devez être inscrit et connecté pour voir ce lien]        ----        [Vous devez être inscrit et connecté pour voir ce lien]

8 Re: MTL 46 and live sound le Lun 13 Nov 2017 - 17:16

Foca_Dacian

Is it ok if I make the horizontal port 5 mm shorter at the front end so that I can accomodate for the grill?
I wanted to put grill only on the speaker and built the MTL 46 as is in the plan,but I have changed my mind and want to put grill on the whole front of the sub.

9 Re: MTL 46 and live sound le Jeu 16 Nov 2017 - 16:34

Foca_Dacian

Where should I put fonoabsorbant?

10 Re: MTL 46 and live sound le Jeu 16 Nov 2017 - 19:00

LIAMDJ

Don't put fonoabsorbant, it's not usefull.

It possible to extend 1 or 2cm the face of the sub to put the grill Wink The response will not be very different.

11 Re: MTL 46 and live sound le Ven 17 Nov 2017 - 9:10

dorian64

Is it ok if I make the horizontal port 5 mm shorter at the front end so that I can accomodate for the grill?

I would'nt suggest, because if you do so, you will change the tonality.
What you can do is to add a bar to fix the grill but a short one, like 5mm high and 30mm deep only, and not for the whole dept of the sub. I did it on mine, it holds perfectly fine and doesn't change the sound as only the exit of the port is impacted (it needs to respect the rule >60% opening however, grill and holders)

12 Re: MTL 46 and live sound le Ven 24 Nov 2017 - 23:23

Foca_Dacian

[Vous devez être inscrit et connecté pour voir ce lien]

This is what I meant,the horizontal port is 308 mm deep in the plan, I need to cut 5 mm from it so that I can insert the metal grill, after the cut , the port will be 303 mm deep.
How much would this affect?
Worst case I only put grill on the driver as I intended in the first place.

13 Re: MTL 46 and live sound le Lun 27 Nov 2017 - 10:16

dorian64

Ok I see. Well, for me it may not change anything.

Contenu sponsorisé

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut  Message [Page 1 sur 1]