http://hornplans.free.fr
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
http://hornplans.free.fr

Le site des plans d'enceintes Horn à pavillon.

Derniers sujets
» 6 lyres servozoom 250 4 lyres servocolor 250 1000e les 10
MTH 30 to 2x12 and 2x12 to 1x15 Modification EmptySam 4 Mai - 19:26 par sebdg1

» T3V ampli et câblage 2500e
MTH 30 to 2x12 and 2x12 to 1x15 Modification EmptySam 4 Mai - 15:44 par moreaujustin

» Les Bons Plans du Net
MTH 30 to 2x12 and 2x12 to 1x15 Modification EmptySam 4 Mai - 13:56 par sebdg1

» Présentation Knit
MTH 30 to 2x12 and 2x12 to 1x15 Modification EmptyVen 3 Mai - 15:40 par HS

» Quelle puissance/type d'ampoule lyres beam pour l'extérieur
MTH 30 to 2x12 and 2x12 to 1x15 Modification EmptyMar 30 Avr - 16:16 par matrixlff

» vend MDM – hd 17 . 4
MTH 30 to 2x12 and 2x12 to 1x15 Modification EmptyLun 29 Avr - 22:17 par Quentin2508

» Recherche un MTL 46 vide
MTH 30 to 2x12 and 2x12 to 1x15 Modification EmptyDim 28 Avr - 17:55 par Electronlibre

» [VENDUE] Carte Son Traktor Audio 6
MTH 30 to 2x12 and 2x12 to 1x15 Modification EmptyDim 28 Avr - 16:41 par Chris Kazvon

» [ VENDS ] TH1821 équipé en 21qlex1600fe et un ampli
MTH 30 to 2x12 and 2x12 to 1x15 Modification EmptyVen 26 Avr - 9:30 par odi

Le Deal du moment : -20%
-20% Récupérateur à eau mural 300 ...
Voir le deal
79 €

Vous n'êtes pas connecté. Connectez-vous ou enregistrez-vous

MTH 30 to 2x12 and 2x12 to 1x15 Modification

3 participants

Aller en bas  Message [Page 1 sur 1]

Patrick_TH

Hi everybody! Smile

Maybe someone has still recognized that i developed a 2x12 modification of MTH 30. I called it MTH 30 VX 212 and i will change the name from now into TH 30 VX 212.
You can watch the performance (also the own built Line Sources with 8x Faital 4Fe32) on Youtube here:

[Vous devez être inscrit et connecté pour voir ce lien]

Performance is nice, also the measurements.
But the maximum SPL is limited by the drivers (PD.123C01) because of the high pressure inside the horn. One cone is deforming at higher power levels because of its relatively low Mms.

So that is why i do recommend to build this enclosure as a 15 Inch Version with stiffer cones as B&C 15SW100 or similar.
I will drop some plans, simulations and measurements here.  Wink

[Vous devez être inscrit et connecté pour voir cette image]

Regards
Patrick

Patrick_TH

And some more Pictures. Wink

mr one

Hello Patrick, Nice to find you here Wink

Dont forger to make short présentation of you and your projets in the présentation case you can find on first page on forum.

So people Can now your technical compétence and easyer talk with you Wink

xridar

xridar

Hi Patrick and welcome!

As say Mr One don't forget to do a short presentation in this section : [Vous devez être inscrit et connecté pour voir ce lien]

First thanks for your share about your work!
A note about your plans, the height value (internal or external) is missing but it may be wanted.

I've some questions about your column array may be we have to open a new thread.
Looking the Faital 4Fe32 response curve

above 10kHz we could see a big fall of 10dB so why you not chose to put a compression like for example the Beyma CP21F to reproduce to reproduce this part of the sound spectrum.

Doing that there is a other interesting point, you will win a wide horizontal directivity which can be interesting with this kind of column array.
This is why I specifically proposed the beyma which has 140 ° of horizontal opening.
I think the 8 4fe32 level could reach the CP21 with a special filter adding a 4-6dB attenuator.

Maybe I'm wrong in my reasoning, let's talk about it!

mr one

Patrick, we Begin to talk about your designs here >>

[Vous devez être inscrit et connecté pour voir ce lien]

Patrick_TH

@xridar:

Yeah, i noticed the issue with the high's while listening to the full system outdoor. i did some measurement to the whole system i want to show you. Your community is great and has a lot of knowledge! Thank you for that! Wink
Maybe you can help me optimizing this line-source. The Beyma CP21 looks very interesting! Would is suit to PA operations in aspects of SPL?

regards,
Patrick

Patrick_TH

ah, i forgot something: inner width is 42cm! Wink

aaand:

Since i got my new FP 10k Clones with massive power, i have to redesign the cabinet and select a different driver!
The PD.123C01 did a good job, but they come to their limits very fast! i saw a 4mm (7mm X-Max) movement while recognizing significant rubbish noises inside the cabinet. One cone was deforming itself by playing at higher power levels. i guess that the pressure inside the horn is too high for those light-weight paper (!) drivers (69gr Mms). so i have to recommend a driver with much more stiffer, stronger and heavier cones such as 15SW100 (i will test these).

i will keep you updated! Wink

xridar

xridar

Patrick_TH a écrit:
Yeah, i noticed the issue with the high's while listening to the full system outdoor. i did some measurement to the whole system i want to show you. Your community is great and has a lot of knowledge! Thank you for that! Wink
Maybe you can help me optimizing this line-source. The Beyma CP21 looks very interesting! Would is suit to PA operations in aspects of SPL?

Again thanks for the share of your design!
For sure, I think you will find the needed help here!
For me, no problem to use the CP21 for PA operations. It have enough power and it will fit perfectly with the 4Fe32.
The best way is to create a specific filter for them to keep it as a passive single channel speaker.
Unfortunately, I couldn't help you for this regarding my knowledge but there is many people here who create there own filter who could.
There is also some tread (sorry in French) speaking about how to design a filter, using ARTA Limp a third part software (Sorry I don't remenber it's name..)
I gonna translate my message in french hoping somebody could answer you!

Traduction en français:

Contenu sponsorisé

Revenir en haut  Message [Page 1 sur 1]