http://hornplans.free.fr
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
http://hornplans.free.fr

Le site des plans d'enceintes Horn à pavillon.

Derniers sujets
» Recherche un MTL 46 vide
MHB 46 cabs EmptyAujourd'hui à 15:07 par Electronlibre

» [ VENDS ] TH1821 équipé en 21qlex1600fe et un ampli
MHB 46 cabs EmptyAujourd'hui à 9:30 par odi

» [VENDU] SYNQ PE1500
MHB 46 cabs EmptyHier à 22:20 par Chris Kazvon

» Les Bons Plans du Net
MHB 46 cabs EmptyHier à 13:02 par Bebert7068

» Présentation RLN
MHB 46 cabs EmptyMer 24 Avr 2024 - 16:25 par EIRLENMEYER

» vends haut-parleurs 18" et 21"
MHB 46 cabs EmptyMer 24 Avr 2024 - 15:54 par brikabrak

» [re]cherche LF18G401
MHB 46 cabs EmptyMer 24 Avr 2024 - 15:18 par willy2y

» Présentation
MHB 46 cabs EmptyMar 23 Avr 2024 - 14:14 par le_maxosss

» Quelle puissance/type d'ampoule lyres beam pour l'extérieur
MHB 46 cabs EmptyLun 22 Avr 2024 - 8:00 par twix363

Le Deal du moment :
Réassort du coffret Pokémon 151 ...
Voir le deal

Vous n'êtes pas connecté. Connectez-vous ou enregistrez-vous

MHB 46 cabs

+2
Marc34
Dj Maestro
6 participants

Aller à la page : 1, 2  Suivant

Aller en bas  Message [Page 1 sur 2]

1MHB 46 cabs Empty MHB 46 cabs Sam 31 Aoû 2013 - 7:01

Dj Maestro

Dj Maestro

Hi Mr. Marc

do you think I can use these driver in the MHB 46 without problem and without mods of the cab(PORT).

Specifications electroacoustic

FREQUENCY RESPONSE

25 ~ 1000Hz

Sensitivity (1 W @ 1 m) - FREE-AIR 95.75dB / SPL

MAXIMUM POWER (RMS)800W

MUSICAL POWER 1,600W

NOMINAL IMPEDANCE 8

RESISTANCE, RE 2.8/ Vcc

CONE AREA 0,012 Sq.m

FREQUENCY RESONANCE 40.33 Hz

EQUIVALENT VOLUME 160.44L

Q MECHANIC 9,048 (Qms)

Q ELECTRIC 0,432 (Qes)

Q TOTAL 0,412 (Qts)

PRODUCT BL 18.07 TM

NO (BENCHMARK PERFORMANCE)2.36 %

COMPLIANCE (CMS)78.37 uM / N

TOTAL MASS (MMS) 198.73 g

DIAPHRAGM MASS (MMD)170.81g

CONE EXCURSION WITHOUT DISTORTION (X MAX)± 12mm

FLUX DENSITY GAP9,400Gauss

Mechanical Specifications

NOMINAL DIAMETER 18 inches

DIAMETER ferrite220 X 25mm

FERRITE MATERIAL BARIUM

DIAMETER COIL 4 inches

COIL FORM FIBERGLASS

HEIGHT COIL 31mm

HEIGHT GAP 14mm

Grtz

2MHB 46 cabs Empty Re: MHB 46 cabs Sam 31 Aoû 2013 - 18:07

Marc34

Marc34

Hi, this speaker can be used if you make the port longer :22cm

3MHB 46 cabs Empty Re: MHB 46 cabs Lun 2 Sep 2013 - 22:34

Dj Maestro

Dj Maestro

what is the lowest freq with this driver i will get, without loosing the punch of this cab.(freq xovers)
and max spl without damaging my speaker.

4MHB 46 cabs Empty Re: MHB 46 cabs Mar 3 Sep 2013 - 0:15

Marc34

Marc34

With 12mm Xmax, no problem at full power.

HPF 33Hz butterworth 24dB/oct

continuous level will be 134dB SPL, peak level (crest factor 6dB) will be 140dB.

5MHB 46 cabs Empty Re: MHB 46 cabs Mer 11 Sep 2013 - 20:07

Dj Maestro

Dj Maestro

Wow thats looking good Mr. Marc.. Yesterday I receive 6 of these drivers.
How the response will be at outdoor use( open field 100m*100m) for 1000 people.

Can I use the MHB46 on trucks with good performance( or must the horn on ground to perform good, like scoops)

I will build 6 of these cabs, if I can use them outdoor and on trucks.

Mr. Marc If you have better option then the MHB46 for me for outdoor and truckloading, let me know please. But a cabinet with bass you feel and punch.

Greetings Sir.

6MHB 46 cabs Empty Re: MHB 46 cabs Mer 11 Sep 2013 - 20:56

Marc34

Marc34

100x100 meters for 1000 people? it's a space for 30000 people !!!

With 6 MHB-46 on ground, you can expect 100dB(A) SPL at 35 meters, which is a very decent level (French law limits to 105dB(A) which can be loud) or 115dB SPL (without weighting). If you put cabinets on trucks, you will loose a bit of lower bass.

The MHB-46 is one of the most punchy cabinet. The other option is MHB-4818.

7MHB 46 cabs Empty Re: MHB 46 cabs Jeu 12 Sep 2013 - 18:27

Dj Maestro

Dj Maestro

No the MHB4818 is a little to big to load in my bus( would be the same problem I have with my CBX18).

I need something to know more before I start with the MHB46. Help me out!!
People on other forum tolds me it will be better to make just folded horns(like CV36 or the selenium horns, Invader bins etc.) then ported and short horns(MHB-46), esspecially if I go for building at least 4 cabs. The low end will be better with 4 folded horns without a port with better spl.

I'm now in a fight with that. Can you please inform me a little about these..
what this is all about the ported and unported folded horns??short and long horns???Sad 

8MHB 46 cabs Empty Re: MHB 46 cabs Jeu 12 Sep 2013 - 19:27

Marc34

Marc34

The problem with long horn is that they requires at least 4 to 8 cabinets, because the load at low frequency isn't optimum. You don't have this problem with an hybrid: they can work good even with one cabinet.

Other problem with long horn: they doesn't sound good above 90Hz, so you need kick bins. The hybrids with short horns doesn't require kick bin, they can go higher than any long horn.

The MHB-4818 was measured at 106.8dB SPL 1watt 1 meter, in the 50/120Hz range. I don't know  any long horn capable of this sensitivity.

I think a lot a people in England build Long Horn and Scoop more for culture reasons. Here in France, you can see some long horn, but not so much, almost no scoop. But do you know what is the most visited plan on Hornplans, the one that is the most built? MHB-46

If you want to build a long Horn, the WSX is, I think, the best compromise, but remember you need at least 4, add kick bins, and reduce power because the reduced closed volume of speaker

9MHB 46 cabs Empty Re: MHB 46 cabs Jeu 12 Sep 2013 - 19:44

Dj Maestro

Dj Maestro

Oke Mr. Marc I like the way you answer my question. It is more then clear for me now.
Thus the way I have to go is simple MHB-46. Port length must be 22cm by 8,6cm.
No scoop no full horns. kkkkkk Very Happy Are you also on Facebook?...Mine name on fb is djmaestrorocks ravin.

But if the MHB46 is the most visited and build then why people dont talk much about it on the forums? On the forum also I search for more reviews of the mhb46 but I think I found only 2 or three person who build them.

Do you have stacking advise....One stack and 2 stacks...I will build 6. I already have the plywood and the drivers.

10MHB 46 cabs Empty Re: MHB 46 cabs Jeu 12 Sep 2013 - 20:08

Marc34

Marc34

Are you also on Facebook?
Facebook? Part branch of NSA? no sorry lol.

But if the MHB46 is the most visited and build then why people dont talk much about it on the forums? On the forum also I search for more reviews of the mhb46 but I think I found only 2 or three person who build them.
Because, you probably don't search on french forums. If MHB-46 is not so popular out of France, the reasons are culture and nobody to promote hybrids.

[Vous devez être inscrit et connecté pour voir cette image]

11MHB 46 cabs Empty Re: MHB 46 cabs Jeu 12 Sep 2013 - 20:48

Dj Maestro

Dj Maestro

Mr. Marc those are big stacks, must be heard a 2-3 kilometers further mennnnnn.
In my country nobody has such a setup...they has big setups but then only with double reflex cabs..they put maybe a 8 doubles one side. But again this looks crazy men. the kicks should be immense with 16 MHB-46. I dont think you can stand directly in front of such a stack...Omg crazy men...Ia this your stack?

Can you please send a couple of links with french forums...Thanx man thanx

12MHB 46 cabs Empty Re: MHB 46 cabs Ven 13 Sep 2013 - 15:25

Dj Maestro

Dj Maestro

Hi,
Mr. Marc What will be difference in spl low end pressure between, let say 4 MHB-46 vs. 2 MPP246, using the same 4 drivers and amp for both cabs indoor and outdoor use?

13MHB 46 cabs Empty Re: MHB 46 cabs Ven 13 Sep 2013 - 17:59

Marc34

Marc34

MPP-246 makes deeper bass, it's a sub cab, but requires a kick bin if you like punch.

4 MHB-46 is a bass cab, will make higher SPL levels than 2 MPP (except below 50Hz)

14MHB 46 cabs Empty Re: MHB 46 cabs Ven 13 Sep 2013 - 18:15

Dj Maestro

Dj Maestro

Mr. Marc those are big stacks, must be heard a 2-3 kilometers further mennnnnn.
In my country nobody has such a setup...they has big setups but then only with double reflex cabs..they put maybe a 8 doubles one side. But again this looks crazy men. the kicks should be immense with 16 MHB-46. I dont think you can stand directly in front of such a stack...Omg crazy men...Is this your stack?

Can you please send a couple of links of french forums...

15MHB 46 cabs Empty Re: MHB 46 cabs Jeu 19 Sep 2013 - 15:42

Dj Maestro

Dj Maestro

Hoi, Mr. Marc
How is the throw of the MHB-46 comparing over folded horns and scoops.

I will use the mhb mostly outdoor places big like 2500-6000m2. but with people like 1000-3000. in outdoor.

16MHB 46 cabs Empty Re: MHB 46 cabs Jeu 19 Sep 2013 - 16:55

Marc34

Marc34

How is the throw of the MHB-46 comparing over folded horns and scoops.
Have you read this : [Vous devez être inscrit et connecté pour voir ce lien]

MHB-46 and MHB-4818 have be made for max level and max sensations, and they do that very well, so you will hear them far away. You can do 1000 people with 4 MHB-46, 3000 with 8 to 12 MHB, dependa area.

17MHB 46 cabs Empty Re: MHB 46 cabs Lun 7 Oct 2013 - 19:00

Dj Maestro

Dj Maestro

Mr. Marc

the port lenght of 22cm, is that the total lenght from the baffle.
Is it total 22cm or
22cm + 1,8cm  would be 23,8cm total lenght of the port. 1,8cm is the thickness of the plywood.

I want to begin with the cuts at thursday. I calculate 14 plywood for 8 cabs.

Can is use reflex Subs under the MHB 46 for a rounder subbass? or is it not necesarry?

18MHB 46 cabs Empty Re: MHB 46 cabs Lun 7 Oct 2013 - 23:53

Marc34

Marc34

the port lenght of 22cm, is that the total lenght from the baffle.
Is it total 22cm or
22cm + 1,8cm would be 23,8cm total lenght of the port. 1,8cm is the thickness of the plywood.
22cm total

Can is use reflex Subs under the MHB 46 for a rounder subbass? or is it not necesarry?
Try without sub. If you think there is not enough sub bass level, you can use reflexs subs. But this is something you might provide before. If you need to go really low, build BR or MTH-4654 with kicks bins like MKH or MKB-230..

19MHB 46 cabs Empty Re: MHB 46 cabs Mar 8 Oct 2013 - 1:38

Dj Maestro

Dj Maestro

Mr. Marc do you have some articles were i can read about music styles and there lowest notes. like house music and dancehall, reggae, soca, indian modern dance music, chutney music from trinidad..those are the most I play. If the MHB-46 Is able to play this kind of music very good then I wanna go for it. I believe in you sir.

I have 4 cbx18 (18lw2400 loaded))by stipe now. I like the heavy bass and you can feel the bass at 20m away indoor(the way its playing) but I feel likes he misses some basslines (notes). But I dont know how well it will perform in open way( open field) outdoors.

I have also 6 cubo18e indoor they perform very good, but outdoor the throw is bad.

I like cbx18 and cubo how they perform indoor, bass you can feel but now I will get some gigs outdoor on open fields and on trucks( some party like carnival). and thats why I want something for outdoor. I will make 8 but mostly will play with 4 or six one stack. and with live band 2 stacks of 4.

Someone told me to make miniscoops( they throw far with good bass), but if you tell me the MHb46 throws is also good then I'm in a intern fight, lolz. I have 8 drivers available, and 16 plywood, but I want to make the better basscab, which can perform indoor and outdoor(2000-3000 peeps). I like when you can feel the bass on your skin, pants, chest etc.

Hopefully I inform you better what I want and you will help to choose the best cab.

20MHB 46 cabs Empty Re: MHB 46 cabs Mar 8 Oct 2013 - 17:47

Marc34

Marc34

No throw problem with MHB-46, you will hear them very far away, but if you need sub bass, this is not why it was designed.

If you think CBX18 loose lowest notes, the MHB-46 is not the cab you need. Build MTH-4654 with MKB-230. MTH-4654 has a horn of 3 meters and will gives you plenty of sub bass (If you want more level, use a 21" with good amps), the MKB will give stronger kick, better and louder than any BPH.

21MHB 46 cabs Empty Re: MHB 46 cabs Jeu 10 Oct 2013 - 19:45

Dj Maestro

Dj Maestro

no not the lowest notes, i think something in the 80-90 hz

is the mhb 46 playing like the cbx, lower then, punchier, rounder bass????

maybe then i can have an idea over the mhb 46
I dont wanna make 2 make cabs for apart for bass and sub.....

22MHB 46 cabs Empty Re: MHB 46 cabs Jeu 10 Oct 2013 - 23:55

Marc34

Marc34

From the same bass cab, it is impossible to reproduce loud sub basses and strong kicks. All cabinets have a bandwith: the more it will go low, the less will be the kick.

MHB-46 doesn't go lower than CBX, but MHB will give stronger kick than CBX, and I don't think you will find an other one bass cabinet with same power of kick (except MHB-4818). The MHB are very physical: with only four cabinets, they will hit your chest at 20 meters.

23MHB 46 cabs Empty Re: MHB 46 cabs Jeu 17 Oct 2013 - 13:54

Dj Maestro

Dj Maestro

Hi sir,
I build one mhb 46 cab for testing, I xover from 37hz - 120-140. the reflex gives good bass sound, but the the horn gives me a very honky sound and when pushing loud Somehing is rattling in the cab. everything is in place everything is tighten. When cutting(decreasing) the freq from 100 - 250hz it sounds less honky then.(I try xover at 100hz) but then It didn't gives me a kick...but the bass coming out from the reflex i like it. For one cab it is very loud.....can you help me remove the honky sound and getting better kick. or howto equing, what freq to cut and what to increase

24MHB 46 cabs Empty Re: MHB 46 cabs Jeu 17 Oct 2013 - 16:09

Marc34

Marc34

You must eq to sound more neutral. I have a tutorial, it's in French, but maybe you can traduce it with google translation: [Vous devez être inscrit et connecté pour voir ce lien]

The response curve has an upward slope, so you must eq to set the curve flat. The more you cross high, the moire it can color the sound. If you need to cross high, reduce level fréquencies higher than 100Hz with eq.

25MHB 46 cabs Empty Re: MHB 46 cabs Jeu 17 Oct 2013 - 16:49

Dj Maestro

Dj Maestro

I tried reducing all freq above 100hz, it was less honky but I still I dont get the kick. I You feel only the bass on your skin(clothes), cause its moving a lot of air, but without the kick feeling on the chest....Do you think the port lenght of the reflex, can be a problem?

Contenu sponsorisé

Revenir en haut  Message [Page 1 sur 2]

Aller à la page : 1, 2  Suivant